Thursday, March 24, 2011

Hermanivka, Ukraine!

So, I just found out that I'll be spending my next three months in the small village of Hermanivka, Ukraine! It's located in the Kiev Oblast about 55km from Kiev. I can't believe I'll be in such a small town!

During our training, we'll be learning lots of Ukrainian as well as doing teaching training. It's all very exciting. I can't wait to meet my host family!!

I won't have steady access to internet as the only internet available is at a local school. Luckily, the principal has agreed to let us use it when we need to. I'll try to update when I can!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Erin! Glad to see that all is going smooth for you and that you made it safely. Can't wait to see pictures and please do send a postcard.

    Susan Skipper
    3003 Ashland Ct. SW
    Marietta, GA 30064

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful time, Erin! It's really nice of the principal to let you use the school's computers to update your blog and check email. We are so excited for you. Can't wait to read the next installment. Stay safe (and warm). Life is all about the journey and you have created a fabulous adventure. You go, Girl!

    Aunt Linda & Uncle Brad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I dont mean to be a creeper or anything, but I just wanted to say that you are so lucky. Im a current volunteer - group 40 - and Ira, your LCF, was my LCF. She is THE BEST! Enjoy her, she is awesome. And good luck with training, its intense but worth it :-)

    ReplyDelete