Sunday, April 17, 2011

Another week in PST (Pre-Service Training)

So, another week has passed in Ukraine and I am totally exhausted. This week was really busy and the rigors of the program are starting to wear on me, but I'm staying positive and I'm still having a good time and enjoying what I'm doing. Our schedule has been very, very busy and will be next week, but hopefully we'll be able to take our first trip to Kiev!! I'm a city girl at heart, so I'm very excited about that! Next week will be full of more Ukrainian lessons, Ukrainian tutoring teaching technical training, cross-cultural training, lesson planning tutoring, as well as actually teaching classes. They are pretty good about keeping us busy even when we have a day off with lesson planning, Ukrainian homework, as well as planning an English summer camp and community project for this summer. Lots to do!

Besides the trip to Kiev, I'm also excited about this coming Tuesday because we get to go to a class on how to make Ukrainian Easter eggs! I'll take lots of pictures and post them when my internet is working well enough. ALSO, next weekend is Easter, so we will go to church and then I presume we will eat lots of salo and I'm under the impression it's a big, fun family event. Speaking of salo, my host family killed a pig yesterday and today they made fresh sausage. Needless to say, while some things are pretty similar, some things are very different in Ukraine!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome on the Easter eggs, and I definitely wanna see pics.

    ReplyDelete